If you have held a few sales positions, this list will either make you laugh or cry. If you are new to sales, beware of these lies employers tell salespeople.
1. Your commission will be X…until we think that’s too much to pay.
2. Your job and salary is secure….until business gets bad, then we will let you go.
3. We need highly-skilled salespeople like you….until you get too skilled and too expensive.
4. This product needs to be SOLD by skilled salespeople….until we find a way to do it without you on the web.
5. We don’t care how you sell; we are results-driven…now turn in your call report.
Your war stories and comments are always appreciated.